Quality Assurance Program
CVP’s Quality Services ensures continuous performance improvement that is measurable across our organization and benefits both our associates and our clients.
The Quality Team (QT) performs process quality assurance at two levels: first, they assure that all CVP projects are measured for compliance, verifying that each project is producing expected project control documentation, and validating that each project is applying the processes and tool in ways that support expected outcomes. Second, they examine process compliance at an organizational level. The QT engages in Desk Reviews for each CVP project, as prescribed in the QA Standard Operating Procedure. Desk Reviews include both verification and validation steps.
- Verification – Desk Reviews are conducted for each phase in the CVP Project Management Lifecycle. The purpose of the review is to validate that project documentation and control artifacts are being produced and posted to CVP’s knowledge repository, Socrates, allowing validation activities to commence.
- Validation – Results of the initial Desk Review are validated through project-specific Quality Reviews and process interviews. The Quality Review establishes that the PM Lifecycle processes are being implemented across all CVP projects according to the plan for each project (the final Project Management Plan).
During task order execution, QT members assure quality by:
- Verifying that project plans include activities to assure and control quality
- Ensuring that TO staffing plans include dedicated quality control resources
- Monitoring project quality control activities for compliance
- Ensuring that identified issues are promptly and appropriately resolved
- Reviewing quality metrics on a monthly basis and support the TO Quality Analyst and the project team in finding solutions to problems and risks
Continuous process improvement is a critical aspect of any program and a key component of the value proposition we offer our clients. We analyze quality metrics to identify opportunities to improve the performance of our teams through process changes, resource allocation, and tool/innovation adoption.
CVP’s Quality Assurance Official, Michelle Traxel, has a strong CMMI background and was instrumental in helping CVP achieve CMMI Maturity Level 3 for both DEV and SVC. She oversees CVP’s Quality Services and manages the QT. Michelle has responsibility and authority to immediately escalate critical issues to the CEO.
She conducts periodic customer satisfaction surveys to independently gather feedback on CVP’s performance from our customers. This information is reviewed in Monthly Management Reviews where we discuss issues and any necessary corrective actions .
Michelle is CVP’s point of contact for providing information on customer satisfaction with the services we perform.