State of Maryland Department of Information Technology Consulting and Technical Services Plus (CATS+)
Maryland’s Department of Information Technology (DoIT) has awarded CVP a 12-year CATS+ (Consulting and Technical Services Plus) Master Contract (eMaryland Marketplace No. 00032708). As a CATS+ Master Contractor, CVP may provide IT consulting and technical services and solutions to state agencies that purchase services through this vehicle.
CATS+ is an indefinite delivery / indefinite quantity contract vehicle held and managed by DoIT, valid through April 21, 2028. State agencies issue Task Order Requests for Proposals (TORFPs) and Requests for Resume (RFRs) in specific Functional Areas. CATS+ offers 17 Functional Areas, covering most IT needs. Once the agency has issued its TORFP or RFR, Master Contractors approved to bid in the chosen Functional Area submit proposals and pricing.
The CATS+ advantages for agencies include:
- Master Contractors: Each Functional Area comprises a pool of pre-qualified businesses
- Cost Effectiveness and Transparency: Rates are fixed and available online
- Speed to Kickoff: Depending on scope and agency needs, average time to award is 3-6 months
What are the CATS+ Functional Areas?
CATS+ comprises 17 Functional Areas. Detailed information about each Functional Area may be found on the CATS+ area of the DoIT website. CVP bid and won eight Functional Areas:
- FA-02: Web and Internet Services
- FA-03: Electronic Document Management
- FA-05: Software Engineering
- FA-07: Information System Security
- FA-08: Application Service Provider
- FA-10: IT Management Consulting Services
- FA-16: Media and Training Center Support
- FA-17: Documentation / Technical Writing