CVP Wins Contract with DOS Diplomatic Security
Fairfax, VA – December 28, 2012 – Customer Value Partners (CVP) has been awarded a 5 year, $19M Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) to provide the Bureau of Diplomatic Security Office of the Chief Technology Officer (DS/EX/CTO) with IT consulting and strategy support services. The scope of this single award BPA is to provide independent third party technical analysis, development, and implementation services, as well as supporting activities, to the DS/EX/CTO. CVP will support the development and implementation of software applications or products to support CTO IT solution requirements. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluation Analysis for CTO’s Existing Goals
- COTS and Customized Solutions Integration Planning of Autonomy Search Products
- Research into Application of New Technologies and Methods
- Requirements Analysis, Information Technology (IT) System Analysis and Planning
- Product/Application Integration Capabilities Assessments
- Documentation of Project Phases
- Support to DS/EX/CTO for IT technical analysis on upcoming tasks as needed
Under Task Order 1, which was awarded with the BPA, CVP will provide technical and analytic support for the CTO in the implementation and integration of the Department’s Autonomy Enterprise Search and Information Retrieval solution.
Customer Value Partners (CVP) is an information technology (IT) and business strategy consultancy that helps private and public sector clients “Be Better.” We support our clients in the healthcare, national security and public sectors in achieving their mission goals by delivering improved business efficiency, workforce optimization and practical application of emerging technology. Our seasoned professionals provide experience-based solutions across our four core competencies: Agile Systems Integration, Cybersecurity, Performance Transformation and Analytics, and Training and Strategic Communication. Based in Fairfax, Virginia, CVP has developed a nationwide operational reach. CVP has been independently appraised at Maturity Level 3 of the CMMI Institute’s Capability Maturity Model Integration.